Aim of the Central Computing Facilities
&internet facility to the whole campus and to support students in their project work, seminars & presentations. It is responsible for the campus Data maintenance, ERP record management, preparing instructional material CDs &DVDs as well as Desktop Publishing.
The Central Computer Centre is fully air conditioned and distraction free. The Lab has 200 latest configuration computers with 19” LED TFT monitors and comfortable seating arrangement for students & staff. The computers are connected to high end Manageable switches (L2 & L3) which are behind secured Firewall. It has full generator backup solution to avoid power cuts & failure The Lab is secured with 16 CCTV cameras located at various locations. Two projectors with Public Addressing system are installed for special workshops & presentations that can be conducted in the lab. A mini-data centre is attached within the Central Computer Centre that has 16 high-end Rack servers which has Anti-virus server, Web Server, Mail server, Moodle server, Exam server, File Server, Database server, ERP server & Log server. There is an 50 MBPS fiber optic backbone internet connectivity for the institute which offers a super-fast browsing experience to all staff & students. The computer nodes & servers are operating in a network configuration as a part of total campus network. The centre also offers super fast Wi-fi services in the campus for students.
HP Proliant Quadcore 2.8 Ghz, 4 GB RAM, 320 SAS RAID 2, 1 GBPS LAN, 18.5" TFT, DVDRW, Kyboard Mouses.
HP Pro 4000, Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz Core 2 Duo/I3, 2 / 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, 18.5" LED TFT, DVDRW, 1 GBPS LAN, Keyboard Mouse.
- DVD Duplicator 1 by 12
- Canon LBP230dn Laser printer
- Canon LBP2900 Laser printer
Functions / Services of Central Computing Facilities
- Internet facilities
- Student Project supports
- Support for seminar, symposia, presentations
- Various institutes programs
- Maintenance of ERP Server, Exam Server, JNEC website & Data bank
- Maintenance of JNEC Institute data on servers & ERP software
- Conducting Online University and College level Exams.
- Online management of JNEC data & upgradation year wise.
- Maintenance & upgradation of all computer hardware to avoid obsolescence
- Quick Heal Anti Virus solutions on all computers in campus with virus definition updates.
- Cisco Router 3825 for managing WAN
- Cyberoam CR 500ING, Sonic wall NSA 5500 & Cisco ASA 5505 firewall appliances for Network & IT Security at Gateway level.
- MikrotikRouterboard for Wi-Fi management
- Viewpoint log server for recording logs of Internet surfing
- Latest Dell DLP Projectors for presentations & seminars.
- High speed 50 MBPS (1:1) dedicated Internet leased with burstable upto 100 MBPS (1:4) on fiber optic.
- Complete Campus Network solution
- Fully Air conditioned and distraction free lab
- Camera Surveillance
- 24 hours activated internet facility
- Full Load generator backup for the lab
- Web services & maintenance
- Total institute level support of 1089 computers
- The computer to student ration as per actual student’s intake is 1:3
- Are provided for Central computing facility is 250 Sqm.
- Complete Wi-fi ready campus with ability to provide Wi-fi to all hostels in campus
Mr. Sujeet More
M.E. Computer Science